Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Maeve's 40th Birthday

I must be an awfully selfish person as when I get asked to make a special request card, I internally sigh!  I'd much rather suit myself and make whatever I fancy, rather than try to think what this person who I've never met might like!   So because I was uninspired, my mojo took flight and this card took aaaaaaaaages to make, though I do quite like the finished result.  And I'm quite pleased that I managed to make a bigger card than my usual A6 size.

Sketch from Sweet Stampin though when I flipped the sketch I forgot to flip my scalloped edges

Party Time Tuesdays #19 - anything goes birthday

SUPPLIES
Stamp: Lili of the Valley
Paper:
Accessories: Copic markers; martha stewart border and butterfly punches; pink gems

10 comments:

Benzi said...

I know how you feel..we just have no mojo unless we're doing what we feel we must make/want to make. LOL
Your card turned out so pretty with that darling image, punches, and those dots that I love so much.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry your mojo is still there :) Your card is fabulous!
The image is too cute and your colouring is great and i love your papers.
Hugsxx
Pat

Anna said...

So pretty! Love the butterflies on there! Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesdays.

Mina said...

I dont think your selfish Lynne I know exactly what you mean...but theres nowt wrong with your mojo girl your card is stunning
Mina xxx

Jackie said...

Don't most of us feel like that, I always prefer to 'do my own thing'.
Fab card and colours :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

I Love the finished card Lynne it is gorgeous chum, I don't think your mojo has flown off at all it deffo still there, I know what you mean and your not selfish at all I get asked to make commissioned cards in work, and my mojo would not be the same!! your card is fabulous love it chum!!
Hugs
Sarah xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Lynne,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

Oh I agree I much prefer having free reign lol.. this is just lovely!! Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Debbie said...

Absolutely adorable...

Unknown said...

Beautiful, gorgeous card! Love your coloring and designing. TY for joining PTT this week, hope to see you next week too! This would also be eligible for Teddy-Stamper blog hop which you can find on my blog.