Sunday, 7 November 2010

Xmas card #33

So today's good news (after my snowflake punch disaster!) is that I rediscovered this fab Sugar Nellie snowman stamp when I was rooting through my Christmas stash.   I used some little snowballs (from a candy win ages ago) as the baubles on their hats and I embossed the bottom red panel (and then managed to cover most of it up with my image/ ribbon!)

Sketch from The Sugar Bowl #47, with the added challenge of using ribbon and bows

Paper Sundaes #43 - Let it snow

Stamping Vacation - Get the Music in You Challenge - use the words of Winter Wonderland to inspire you ... so I've incorporated the sleigh bells and the snowman

ABC Christmas challenge - W for Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland - sing a Christmas Carol

Stamping Vacation - Lots of Paper challenge - use paper with snowflakes on it

CRAFT #75 - dry embossing

SUPPLIES
Stamp: Sugar Nellie
Paper: Dovecraft
Accessories: copic markers; cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder; gold jingle bells; gold metallic stars (from Tescos); orange stickles on their noses; little snowballs for baubles; gold peel off sentiment

24 comments:

Viv said...

Just lovely! A great stamp and love the little snowballs!

Cathy said...

I love this card. I am glad you rediscovered your stamp. All the elements of your card blend so well. I love the jingle bells too. Great job.....

Net said...

Love that stamp! Its very cute.

Thanks for visiting me!

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Lynne - what a sweet image! I'm a sucker for a cute snowperson, and this is totally cute!!! Great card :)

Anonymous said...

Oh i love that stamp, very cute!
The colours are great and love the idea of the little snowballs.
Hugs xx
Pat

Jackie said...

Fab card, love those snowfolk. It's amazing what we find when we are looking for something else :o)
Jackie xx

carol said...

super card, cute image, thanks for joining us at c.r.a.f.t challenge, x carol

Maya said...

Such a wonderful card!
Love the adorable image, and the colors are fab!
Hugs from Maya

Tiets said...

oo great you made the card with this stamp! Lovely card! and thanks for joining the sugar bowl challenge!
Hugs tiets

Riet said...

So wonderful card Lynne,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Great card! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge this time! Samantha :0)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Good choice of mage (same as my DT card) so I am obviously loving this card. I had to smile about your embossing being covered up. I sometimes use a border punch and then cover it up with other papers. The bit we can see looks good though. Fab card. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back on Friday. Marianne x

scrappyjacky said...

A gorgeous card.

downrightcrafty said...

A lovely creation thank you for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate x

Anonymous said...

Oh this is fabulous Lynne! I love the image and the jingle bells! x

Benzi said...

Wow! I do love this one with the adorable snowmen. I also like jingle bells..so much here I love so this is a real favorite.

Unknown said...

A Beautiful Christmas card Lynne great image and detail, wow!! you are getting well ahead chum with your cards I have only made 3 up till now aaaahhhhh!!!! Hugs
Sarah x

Julie L. said...

Gotta love those snowmen!

Julie L.

Divinewoman said...

Thanks for sharing the cards. Love the stamps used.

Merry said...

Oh this is coloured so beautifullly. Thanks for joining in the Lot of Paper challenge at Stamping Vacation.

Annie said...

love your fun snowman card! thank you for joining us on the ABC Christmas blog for the Winter Wonderland challenge.
hugs, annie x

Tracy Valure said...

Super Cute card! Adprable image that you have used and great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.
Tracy

Shana said...

Love the texture with the embossing and the top of the hats! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

Sugar Mama said...

Hi Lynne

What a gorgeous card...had forgotten all about this stamp, will need to go and find it now!!!

Thanks so much for playing in The Sugar Bowl!

Luv'n'Hugs

Gayle x