Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Mmmmm, cupcakes!

I'm not sure when it happened, but cupcakes used to be called 'buns' here!  Now there's 'cupcakes' everywhere!  Our local shop does the nicest chocolate ones too ... guess where our first stop was after our weigh in at Slimming World tonight!  Very naughty, but very yummy!

These lovely die cuts came in a package from Mags, they're even nicer in real life with all the shiny silver bits.  Sentiment stamp from Paper Smooches.


18 comments:

Meggymay said...

A wonderful card, those cakes look yummy. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this week.
Yvonne

MagsB said...

In my day, they were called fairy cakes - and didn't have 10 million Syns-worth of butter icing on them!! (Yes, I do Slimming World, too!)

You've done a cracking job with this card, hun! It looks nice enough to eat!

love Mags B x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Lynne, those cakes do indeed look very yummy.
Thanks for joining us in the Fab n Funky Challenge
Sue

Shirley said...

What a delicious looking card! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week!

Patti J said...

Mmmm....cupcakes! What a cute card :) Looks yummyliscious! Hugs...

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, they were always fairy cakes where I grew up. No disrespect to the Americans, but we are becoming too Americanised :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Oh your card is yummy Lynne!
Talking of cupcakes, I made some yesterday. Made with pineapple and coconut and a butter icing cover, mmmmmmm, they are nearly gone!
Have a lovely day.
Hugs xx

melsanford said...

Hi Lynne! Gorgeous card - those goodies look delicious! Thank you for all your lovely comments while I've been AWOL. Just to answer your question about the football papers I used - they are from Papermania, Clare Curd's It's a Man's World range. They're a couple of years old but you can still get them :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card, adorable fairy cakes.
luv
Debby

Debbie said...

they've always' been cupcakes here. Buns are completly different kinda flat and round.

Hope you enjoyed your little "cheat"
loved your card

Hugs
Debbie

Benzi said...

WHAT???!!!!! You went to the bakery for cupcakes after your weigh-in. That really is a naughty NO-NO. Just wait until your next weigh-in. LOL

Your card is a real cutie and my mouth is watering. It is 7:51 a.m. and I could eat all of those for breakfast.

We are in a heat wave here. It will be in the 100's for five straight days with Saturday being 104 degrees. Swelter time!!!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

The yummy cupcakes look like they are real in a bakery shop. Nice patterns & colors used. Thanks for entering the Tuesday Throwdown Gingham Theme Challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Guest Designer Mth Jun Tuesday Throwdown

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, love the cute cupcakes...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Shannon White said...

So Sweet and Yummy! 8-) l Love all the Delish cupcakes! So clever you gingham is the perfect table cloth! 8-) So glad you could join us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

Kimberly said...

Lynne - I love your take on the inspiration photo! Those cupcakes do look good enough to eat, and I love the touches of gingham. Thank you so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

(P.S. I'd love it if you would check out this thread for another Paper Smooches challenge! http://www.flickr.com/groups/papersmoochesfans/discuss/72157630338041180/

I'd love to have you play along!

Emily Leiphart said...

Those cupcakes are so pretty and look divine! What a beautiful card to look at... or to eat. LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches July Release Hop!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Hope you will join us again next week. joann sassy raggedy

Unknown said...

This is so awesome. This is really cute.
Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz