Sunday, 3 June 2012

Pretty in Purple

Brrr, dull and chilly here today.  We have the Olympic Torch run doing the rounds of Northern Ireland over the next couple of days so hopefully we won't get the pouring rain they had in London for the Queen's flotilla down the Thames!  The torch comes through my town on Thursday, but we've a 'Do' in work and I can't get the time off! :(

Penny Black at Allsorts June challenge is to show your favorites, so I had a fun time making this card. I think this wee LOTV stamp is possibly one of my favorites.  My ribbon is definitely treasured, so much so that I hardly use it .. now where's the sense in that!

Coloured with a mixture of copics, promarkers and pencils.  Paper pieced her wee t-shirt and butterfly.  I recently re-discovered my liquid pearls (and went a bit crazy!) and added some purple stickles to my diamonds.  Sentiment also from Lili of the Valley. Notebook edge die and scalloped edge from Die-namics.

PS for Pat: Sorry, I can't figure out how I leave you a message on your new blog!

19 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love this image and gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x

Unknown said...

Oh this is beautiful. How exciting about the Olympic torch
Sounds like so much fun

Gerda said...

That's a very sweet card! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

MagsB said...

Oh I know what you mean about not using your treasures! This is such a pretty card - lovely colours, and the image is adorable! The ribbon looks so good, too!

love Mags B x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne this is absolutely gorgeous, I adore that image also the colours and embellishments, truly wonderful card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Lynne love your paper pieced t-shirt colouring is fabulous chum, a really super make image is adorable, enjoy the rest of your long weekend from work...
Hugs Sarah x

Anonymous said...

beautiful card! such a sweet image and very pretty in purple. thank you for sharing your favourite things with us this month at penny black and more.
linda

Kathleen said...

Hi Lynne, fabby card, how cute is she? Love your treasured ribbon, I have some of them too, but I am worse with papers, I take it out and look at it then put it away again! Lol
Hugs
Kat xx
Ps I have blog candy up for grabs to celebrate my first year in blogland

Jackie said...

Very cute card, pretty colours :o)
I can't get the time off work either to see the Olympic torch when it comes to Derby :o(
Jackie xx

Linby said...

Such a pretty card and I love the postage mark sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & more @ Allsorts this month with your favourite things.
Lynn x
DT

Dotty Jo said...

Always love this stamp! Gorgeous colours Lynne - mmmm, might go purple myself later. Well, not ME but... oh, you know what I mean. Weather grotty as anything yesterday, a bit better today but still chilly. Enjoy the holiday, Jo x

Benzi said...

Oh, we don't have to make sense with our hoarding. LOL We're all the same when we love something, we want to keep it. Ha
Your card is just so cute and the image is sweet, sweet.
Rain, rain, go away.......
It's pouring here, too.

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mandy said...

Lynne your card is absolutely gorgeous, the image is adorable and you have coloured her so beautifully.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Enfys said...

This is super Lynne, I love the image, the soft colour, and the detail! Thanks so much for entering the Going Buggy challenge this month, and good luck
hugs
Enfys x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card & this is a great colour. I love the paper piecing too :)

Biggan said...

This is sooo lovely! Cute image and awesome coloring and the small pearl drops! Thanks for joining our challenge at Alota Rubberstamp´s blog!

Hug
Birgit

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card and love your fav ribbon. Thank you for joining in the fun at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x