You might think the tape measure ribbon looks a bit odd on this wee card... but its actually for my Slimming World consultant, just to say thanks. She's off on her hols next week, so I thought a pic of her on the beach was perfect! Ha!
Image from Your Next Stamp - coloured with promarkers and popped up on dimensionals. Sentiment from paper smooches.
- Sketch from A Die for a Sketch #1
- Creative Card Crew #12 - inspired by a song: "We're all going on a summer holiday"
- Tuesday Alchemy #17 - World Beach Day
- My Time to Craft #181 - hats or handbags
- The Squirrel and the Fox #19 - winter or summer
- Allsorts #157 - at the seaside
- Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
- Passion for Promarkers #152 - red, white, blue
- Polka doodles B week 22 - Royal Diamond Jubilee colours
and the finished product will look like this (quite a bit to go yet!)



31 comments:
Soooo cute and the XS is coming along.
luv
Debby
What a great card for your Slimming World consultant - isn't it satisfying to make something so personal?1 She'll love it!
And wow, what a fantastic cross stitch scene! I'm guessing it's a design by the amazing Michael Powell? It has that look! You've done brilliantly if you only started this at the end of Feb! Enjoy every stitch!!
love Mags B x
Goodness, I haven't cross stitched in years! Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing your adorable card too - she will love it, and the tape is a perfect embellie! Hugs...
Your card is so cute, Lynne!
Thanks for join us at Tuesday Alchemy!
Hugs,
Victoria
Fab card Lynne, she will really appreciate that. Love your cross stitch too - that will look amazing when finished. Hugs, Claire x
Your card is wonderful, Lynne! Did you colour the clouds? They're amazing! I really like the embossed red strip! Your cross stitch is also beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at A Die For A Sketch!...Nancy :o)
So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.
Hugs Riet.xx
Cute card and I would love to join her on the beach. Love the checked paper.
That piece calls for lots of stitching. It will be awesome when you are finished. Makes me think how sad that I haven't needlepointed since I started cardmaking. Ugh!!
I love all the different elements on your card, Lynne - thanx for joining us at Polkadoodles this week. Jan xx
Beautiful card Lynne, and Bravo on that cross stitch... It
is Gorgeous!!! Lots of time goes into that
Hugs
Debbie
A beautiful card.....the Image is so sweet....
Thanks for joining us at A Die For A Sketch
A nice greeting from Andrea
It's me again, Lynne! Thank you so much for sharing that template...it's brilliant! :o)
I took a further look at your blog this time...Sick Chicks? haha Love everything I saw and I just have to join up! I look forward to seeing much more from you!...Nancy :o)
What a lovely card! Lovely the way you've used the colors and emboss the red strip! Your image is so cute! Thanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch Willie
This is a great card Lynne, i like the measuring tape idea. The cross stitch is gonna be fabulous, the scene is beautiful.
Hugs xx
Great card, i'm sure it will much appreciated, love the cute girl on the beach, thanks for sharing at MTTC, Wendy x
Wonderful interpretation of the sketch Lynne and your consultant is going to love it. Cute image and I think the ruler is perfect!
Thanks for joining us at A Die for a Sketch.
Marilyn
your card is soooo sweet Lynne. love the cute image and your style. Thanks so much for joining us at A Die For A Sketch!
Hugs Dunja
I think the tape measure looks fantatic - and what a great personal touch. This is a lovely card, even if it does make me yearn for Summer even more than I was. :)
Thank you for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox for our Winter or Summer Challenge - I hope to see you there again soon.
Tracey
x
Your card is so adorable Lynne. You put so much detail in all of it. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy and we hope you will join us again next week.
With smiles,
Laine
Fabulous card!!! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at the Creative card Crew. Hope to see you next time and good luck with the challenge.
Caroline x
So adorable!
Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
Hugs
Katya x
So lovely card! I feel that it's summer now and will want to go on the beach!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
Super cute creation, Lynne! I like that you added that odd element to it - It always adds extra interest :)
I'm very happy you joined us this week at Tuesday Alchemy!
Lots of joy :)
Hi Lynne this is a gorgeous card love that cute image and the tape ribbon, the cross stitch looks amazing.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Hi Lynne,
This looks so sweet. What a cute image & fab design. Thanks for joining us at Passion For promarkers this week. The cross stitch looks fantastic too.
Hugs,
Andie xx
Super cute image and i love the paper choices...thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week.
just so sweet x
thanks for joining us at Passion For ProMarkers this week x
Jen xxx
Gorgeous card, Thank you for joining our Sketch Challenge!:)
Hugs xxx
Agnes
Love your card!! The colors suit so well, and what a nice touch to add the measuring tape ribbon!!
Thanks for playing with us at Polka Doodles!!
Hey there,
thanks so much for joining the Creative Card Crew on this week's Challenge "Inspired by a Song"!
Make sure to check back to see who'll be drawn as Top Three and who'll be our Winner.
Hugs and good luck, Elisa (DT)
Great card, love the fresh colors! And yeah...the Dutchies want a summer too ;-)
Post a Comment