Sunday, 19 September 2010

Danielle's 18th Birthday Cake

I don't think I've ever made a mainly yellow card before, but I like how it turned out!  I paperpieced the cupcake wrapper and added glossy accents and diamond glamour dust to the icing.

I flipped the sketch from Basic grey Challenge #29

Sweet Stampin challenge #44 is stitching

Totally Papercrafts #34 - Happy Birthday

SUPPLIES
Stamp:  Birthday cake from
Papers: Basic Grey
Accessories: Ranger Glossy Accents; Diamond glamour dust; silver peel off greeting, letters and numbers; yellow ribbon from stash - bow tied with the fabulous Bow Maker; yellow dew drops; sewing machine; martha stewart punch; circular nestabilities; liquid pearls; blue and clear seed beads

9 comments:

Emma said...

A gorgeous card Lynne, love the image and beautiful colours.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely! I tend to run in the opposite direction from yellow, but having seen this I think maybe I should give it a go, Jo x

Tara said...

Thank you so much for joining us at Basic Grey this week..... I just love what you did with the sketch and the yummy papers you chose to work with too!
Hugs Tara xx

Joey said...

Hiya Lynne

fantastic card I love that cupcake! thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.x

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, nice to see yellow for a change :o)
Jackie xx

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Lynne, great take on the sketch with those gorgeous papers and fabulous image. Love that beautifully tied bow - delicious.
So glad you could join us at Basic Grey.
hugs Heather xx

artfuldelight said...

LOVE this card! The cupcake is fabulous! Makes me a bit hungry.

Lindsey said...

Love it! How fab is that cupcake image! Love the papers too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week x

Unknown said...

Great image and colouring Lynne and fab DP too love this colour lemon Hugs
Sarah xx