Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Hang in there (and an award!)

It's been 'one of those' weeks in work (yes I know its ONLY Tuesday!) so I was delighted to get home this evening and find the postie had left me some goodies ... a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win High Hopes candy for advertising their new release stamps.  I got a HUGE pile of new releases ... I actually stacked them up and measured them ... 8 1/2 centimetres .... 25 stamps!!!  WOW!  And there's loads of lovely Christmas ones, so you can expect to see plenty of them over the next few weeks!

So this is the first of my new goodies, isn't he a sweetie!  Coloured him with copics and added clear gloss to his balloon and his nose. 

Sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You #62

Colour combo from SPCC #67 (though I couldn't resist adding a little pop of red!)



And THANK YOU to Benzi for this lovely award - Benzi was one of the first internet buddies I 'met' through Splitcoaststampers waaayyyyy back before we all got caught up in this blogging lark!



SUPPLIES
Stamps: Mouse from High Hopes; sentiment from Simon Says
Accessories: ellison embossing folder; copic markers; Glossy Accents; tim holtz die for fancy edge

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne this is a beautiful card, and enjoy all of your candy win with these gorgeous stamps well done chum
Hugs
Sarah xx

Crystal said...

Lynne this is soooo super SWEET, What a darling sweet image..what a great card sweetie!

Unknown said...

Such a swet image, gorgeous coloring!

coldwaters2 said...

Aww Lynne this is super cute what a fabby image and loving the colours and design.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Dotty Jo said...

Sorry to hear that it's one of those weeks Lynne - at least your win and award has helping brighten things for you away from the office.
Here's a virtual hug (((())) for yah! Jo x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet!! I so love this image and your sentiment is perfect!! Gorgeous layout and colors!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lynne,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Benzi said...

Lynne, I see you have your award posted. You're right...we met a short time after I started stamping, I believe, and it was over a dog image. Remember? How fun to look back. You're Irish and my DH from Irish descent. I see you have posted a new Christmas card I want to go see..I'm never going to catch up with you on those cards. LOL

Benzi said...

OMG, you won all those stamps??????? Lucky you! Sorry I failed to comment on this in my last comment. I was just thinking about the award. Your card is just as cute as can be. I'll be looking for all those Christmas cards that are coming.

Unknown said...

super cute - love that little pop of red *lol*
Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y
:) Kazan

Lori Turner said...

Very cute card,Lynne! Thanks for joining us at SPCC this week!

Lori - SPCC Color Diva