Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Uncle Derek's Birthday Card


This is for my Uncle's birthday next month ... its a bit silly but I hope he likes it!
Though I think you can tell that adding his name to the card was a bit unplanned as I kinda ran out of room!

Sketch from Sketch Saturday #120

High Hopes stamps challenge is Spots and Dots

Totally Papercrafts #33- Lets Go Dotty

Stamping Vacation - Embellish it with a Leaf

SUPPLIES
Stamps: monkey and leaves from High Hopes; sentiment from Elzybells
Accessories: copic markers; Ranger Glossy Accents on his eyes and teeth; ellison circles and cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folders; green and brown gems; nestabilities; blue chalk for main image; Mac'n Cheese alphabet dies; lime green stickles

9 comments:

Denise Clark said...

Love it! What a fun card! I love that monkey's smile! Perfect!

Thanks so much for playing along with the challenges at Stamping Vacation! This earns you an entry in the Oct 1st drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to Flourishes!

We would like to invite to our Homemade with a HOP blog hop on Sept 25 and 26th! There will be over $300. in prizes!

Trudy Osborn said...

This card is great! Guy cards are so hard, but you nailed it...he will love it.

Karen McAlpine said...

So funny. This is the kind of card I would send to my brother. We like to give each other goofy cards. Thank you for joining us at the Stamping Vacation Challenge blog.

Mel said...

Aww this is fab!!
Loving that big cheesey grin! Perfect lil image!
Hugs Melly xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Lynne this is fabulous what a great card for a male, I love the image and the leaves a great piece of work, thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Vacation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jackie said...

Great fun card, it's nice to be silly once in a while :o)
Jackie xx

Jo said...

*claps* what a fun card!
Thank you for joining in the fun at sketch saturday
Jo xx

6 wacky women said...

Awesome card, Lynne
Love your design, fabulous details!! Thanks for joining us for the High Hopes Challenge.

Karen x

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card!! I love your use of the spots and dots challenge!! Thank you so much for playing along with the High Hopes Challenge!! We have another fun one for you this week - Country!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
High Hopes DT